Friday, January 16, 2009

Long Days


The last couple of days have been long. On Monday, Caroline had such a bad rash from her pacifier I decided it was time to ditch the thing. After two days of non stop crying, chasing me around the house and not sleeping I have given in & she has it back. I would like to report that everything is back to normal, but it's not. She is still following me around and freaks out when I leave the room. The crying has toned down a bit, but she is still a bit clingy. Dusty has been sick for about a week now, and I do believe my sweet Jake has caught the bug now too. So, as I type this (Caroline in my lap) I am starting to realize that maybe Caroline might be catching the sickness bug, plus the pink eye!!! Grrr!!!!!!!! Whatever bug it may be, I hope it leaves soon. I miss my sweet healthy happy family. I guess I am off to the store to buy some Tylenol and disinfectant.

4 comments:

Sada said...

awwww, rough times! Landon has gone to the doctor almost 3 times in a week and a half. The front desk person even said "Landon again??".....he never is in so much!! We thought pink eye, but come to find out it is allergic conjunctivitis -- not contagious. Prescription drops and we're good. Then fever off and on for 4 days -- got over that without going to the doctor -- oh the winter!

Paci -- girl, everyone thought I was mean b/c I cold turkied Landon off of it @ exactly 1. The reason I did it is because I knew I could never be strong enough at Caroline's age!! Ha -- good luck -- don't worry -- she'll get rid of it eventually :)

lynette said...

ugh! seems like everyone has been sick lately. i wish you guys a speedy recovery!

and that pacifier cartoon cracked me up!

Angie said...

Poor you and poor sickies. It's the worst when everyone in the family gets sick and passes it around. The constant changing weather doesn't help either and only makes it worse.

Oh the paci debate. Don't worry Carter still has his, I'm afraid to even attempt to take it away. You're brave for trying. I have every faith that there will come a time that they will give it up, I'm hoping it's before they go to high school. :) Until then, if it helps him sleep at night, go for it. Although he's getting smarter and now stealing Owen's pacifiers b/c Carter only gets his for naps and bedtime. Little does he know that mommy is catching on too. It's a mini battle each day.

If you need anything let me know. Hugs, A

Bryan and Julie Schock said...

I hope everyone feels better soon and hopefully you won't catch it!! On the paci note....well, I was probably a little slow in getting Avery off of hers. She was barely 2 yrs and 3 months when Christmas came around. We were in the store one day and she flipped out over a Dora kitchen. We had many many talks about what she needed to do in order for Santa to bring it to her. We decided the paci had to go and it worked. It was amazing! The kid literally gave us all her paci's that she had stashed around her room. Maybe if CC still has it when she's older you can try bribery!! Good luck with that!