Wednesday, May 21, 2008

TAGGED BY ANGIE

I was tagged by Angie to list 6 random facts/quirks about myself. So, here they are:

1. I used to be a competitive figure skater. My ice skating talent was discovered when I was in 6th grade. My cousins came down from Colorado to visit and they insisted we go ice skating. At first I was scared to death and when I got on the ice I hugged the wall. After a few steps and strokes I realized how easy it was and I was off. By the end of that day I was able to go forward, backwards, and do a few spins. The next weekend my mother signed me up for ice skating lessons. Shortly after that I was entering competitions. Skating became my life. My first period class was ice skating (of course, I was the only kid at my school who was granted this privilege) I would get up at 4 am and train till 9, then go to school. After school I would complete my homework and then head back to the ice rink. I always thought I would land a leading role with Walt Disney on Ice. However, I finally decided to stop competing because it became to competitive and I no longer enjoyed it.

2. I used to teach ice skating lessons.

3. I have a phobia of bowling. My first encounter to go bowling was when Dusty asked me out for a date. Of course I said YES! I did not want to turn down a date, but I was freaking out. How in the world was I going to tell him that I was scared of bowling and that I had never bowled in my life. However, I think him and his sister got the point when we got to the bowling alley and I refused to get up and pick up the ball. I was so embarrassed!!!! I am doing better though. In fact, I think I went bowling with Josh and Marie once.

4. I have no musical talent!!!! However, I really wish I did!!!!! I wish I could sing, play the piano and guitar like Brooke White from American Idol. I go around the house pretending I can sing :) So sorry to my hubby and kids. In fact, Cameron once told me to stop singing because I sounded bad. I think I sound great, but I am so tone deaf. In fact, I have a PlayStation sing along game that rates your singing and my rating is "TONE DEAF"!!!! No lie. I think I would be one of those sad rejects from American Idol that everyone laughed at.

5. I graduated a year early from high school. I started Nursing school, but then realized that was not my calling. I then started taking Education classes to become a teacher. However, one night I decided that I wanted to become an EMT. So, on the last day of registration I signed up for EMT classes and that is where I met my wonderful husband. Funny how things turn out, huh? *NO LONGER AN EMT* JUST WENT TO MEET DUSTY*

6. I love to sleep and I love to eat fish! My favorite dish is salmon prepared by my favorite chef, Dusty!!! I wish I could be a bear and hibernate and eat fish. In fact, when I go to sleep at night I think about what a great life a bear must have. Just Joking :)

I now tag Lindsay R., Marie H. and Liz P. I can't wait to hear 6 facts/quirks about you all. Happy Blogging!

2 comments:

barterboutique said...

I didn't know any of those things about you! You were an figure skater...CRAZY!!!

Angie said...

Good Job! I totally agree on eating and sleeping, although I'm not a big fish fan.