Wednesday, May 21, 2008

LESSON LEARNED


I would give everyone a long explanation of how this ended up at my door, but that would take too long. So, here is the shortened version:

1. Noticed a purchase on my bank account for $11.58 from Amazon.com

2. Could not figure out why there was a purchase for $11.58. Sat on it for a couple of days and thought it could possibly be a book purchase from Cameron's school.

3. Monday received a package in the mail.

4. Opened the package and found this CD (above)

5. Took 5 seconds to realize that someone used my account information and credit card to buy this NASTY CD.

6. Contacted my bank, made a claim, and closed my account.

7. Contacted Amazon and this is what we figured out. Last year I ordered a CD while I was at work. Well, I guess I never logged out of the computer and last week someone from my work went to the website and did a 'one click purchase' and that one click purchase just happened to be my bank account!!!!!!!

8. Am I mad??? SUPER MAD AND SUPER FURIOUS!!!!

9. However, I guess I am the one to blame for not logging out of my account. Well, I guess according to Amazon I never logged out. I believe I did log out and that someone hacked into my account.

10. LESSON LEARNED! ALSO, LOG OUT AND NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM WORK AGAIN!!!!

**Note to self: On Sat. check all the computers in the hospital and make sure I am not logged on!!! Hello, I work at a hospital... do you know how many computers that is???**

3 comments:

barterboutique said...

Oh man! That's horrible! So, are you responsible for the charge or can you return it and get your $$ back?

Angie said...

If you can get past the being ticked off part, it is actually a little funny. Just a little. :) You're lucky they didn't get anything else and a great lesson learned. I think we should all be a little more careful about what we do and sign into on the internet.

Yeah, so did Amazon refund your money?

The Hollemans said...

Could have been worse. They could have made a one click purchase for something reallly expensive.