Friday, August 15, 2008

Caroline turns 1

On Thursday, Caroline turned 1. I can't believe my little monkey is a year old already. It seems like this year has just flown by. A couple of months ago I couldn't wait for her to turn 1 and have a party for her, but now that the day has come and gone I wish I could just freeze time in place and keep her 1 forever. To celebrate her 1st birthday, we had a monkey theme birthday. Her party was at 9am and we had monkey pancakes, quiches, fresh fruit and punch.
To celebrate her birthday in style I had this awesome onesie for CC made for her to wear on her birthday. A lady named Evie made it. She does all sorts of things such as towels, place mats,aprons,backpacks, burp cloths, etc. you name it.


I think it came out super cute! I just forgot to get that perfect picture of her in the onesie before the party started!

Now, for all of the birthday pictures:




Here are the monkey cupcakes that I made for CC and her cousins. We also had Chunky Monkey ice cream. Delicious!




Happy Birthday Little Monkey!

5 comments:

chrissy said...

What a fun party! I love the cupcakes you made. You're very crafty. Are those mini vanilla wafers for the nose and ears?

The Youngblood Family said...

You guessed it... the nose and the ears are mini vanilla wafers. Actually I got the monkey cupcake idea from a picture online. So cuddos to the lady that made them for her grandson.

Sada said...

Great cupcakes! you could sell those! I love the pictures. What a fun day. Isn't it so true....time flies -- I wish we could freeze them just the way they are :)

Elizabeth said...

Adorable! What a cute birthday idea!

Mandy said...

What a great birthday! I love the monkey theme!