Monday, October 6, 2008

a day at the park



Today, Dusty and I took Caroline and Jake to the park and I must say we had a great time! We walked 3.5 miles, pushed the double stroller and had our ice cold water bottles in tow. It was nice to get out and exercise as a family (minus our 1st grader) and enjoy the semi-fall weather. Here are some pictures of our adventure.


CC has mastered the slide concept. She is becoming a pro!

Hey, look who can play with the rocks now and not put them in her mouth...BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!

Time to leave the playground and hit the walking trail again. As you can tell someone was pretty upset about the idea!

Angie, if you are reading this DON'T FREAK OUT! Yes, this was a real snake. In fact it is a water moccasin. Jake was thrilled to actually see a snake and seeing the snake made the trail walk well worth it.


Look at this armadillo shell we came across....

The best part of walking the trail was looking for pine cones.

Happy Fall Everyone!

4 comments:

lynette said...

looks like the perfect fall afternoon, minus the snake--scary!

chrissy said...

That armadillo shell is cool! I've never seen anything like that. Weird.

So I played around with Picnik last night. It was pretty cool! I'm going to do more with it when I have time. But so far I like it. It was pretty easy, too.

Angie said...

Sounds like a perfect afternoon. I am so thrilled that it is finally cooling off here. Where did you guys go? I'll have to avoid the same trail and the snake. :) But the park looks like a blast.

One of these days we should all meet up and let the kiddos play. Although, I'm not sure if Carter could restrain himself like CC and not eat the rocks.

Mandy said...

Awww, gotta love Texas!