Monday, July 14, 2008

Hungry

I am so hungry! Why am I so hungry you might ask? Well, because my wonderful husband, who is my chef, is at work tonight. Whenever Dusty works, the kids and I live off of PB & J sandwiches, english muffins and cereal. I just can't cook when he is away. I have always had this issue with cooking. I can cook a great meal, but then when it comes time to eat it.... I CAN'T. I have no clue why and it bugs me? So, for now I am just a helper in the kitchen at dinner time. But tonight as I sit here alone blogging the net, I come across this amazing picture of a pasta bowl by The Pioneer Woman Cooks and realize how badly I need to get over this issue and learn how to EAT what I COOK so I won't be so HUNGRY. Grrrr!

THIS IS WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOW:

This would make me sooooooo happy. Oh, and
some bread too.
I hope everyone had a delicious dinner tonight.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Well, as a fellow firefighters wife I can totally relate to not cooking when Chris is working-- it's ALWAYS cereal, sandwiches, whatever is easy! But I don't have any problem eating, that's a little too easy for me! That pasta bowl looks yummy!!

chrissy said...

Dude, I have the same issues. I have a hard time eating when I'm the one who cooks/prepares it. It's not that I'm not a good cook (well, I guess that's debatable), it's just that after I prepare it and cook it and keep looking at it and dish it up, by then I don't want it. But my husband can make the same thing and it'll be delicious! What's up with that?

And why am I not skinnier because of it!?