Monday, April 30, 2012

seeing things a little clearer

Well, it looks like Cameron has inherited my terrible eyesight. I knew it was only a matter of time before one of the kids would need glasses.  My eye sight is awful and Dusty jokingly tells me I should go ahead and invest in a seeing eye dog. Actually, Cameron's eyes are not that bad. He recently had a physical and failed the vision test.  After an appointment at the eye doctor, we learned that he has trouble seeing out of his left eye and that his right eye has been working extra hard to make up for the blurred vision in the left eye. Cameron was happy to learn that he doesn't have to wear them all the time. He can take them off when playing sports, riding his bike, and outside playing.      
I thought it was sweet that Cameron's best friend, Dylan, showed up the next morning at our house in his glasses.  Apparently, Dylan has the same eye issue as Cameron. Cameron wasn't thrilled with wearing them to school, so Dylan came over with his glasses on to show him that being able to actually "see" things isn't so bad! 
I got my first pair of glasses in 4th grade too.  I wish I could locate a 4th grade picture of me. Now that would be site. I think I was rocking some big round old school glasses, permed hair, and big puffy bangs. I wonder if Cameron will look back 20 years from now and think his cool TMX glasses are big round and goofy? 

2 comments:

The Hernandez-Our Little Family.. said...

Good thing eye glasses are nothing like they use to be back in the days.. i remember my 1st pair of glasses were big and round as well. (LOL)
*Tell Cameron he looks handsome, am sure lots of girls at school are drooling for him!*

The Schmidt Family said...

I am digging the glasses. They look way cooler than my first pair. So handsome.