Sunday, May 9, 2010

a lucky mom

I love being a mother to these little cuties!!! My life is complete!

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
(found this on Emily's blog)


"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."


"Be a Mother who is committed to loving her children into standing on higher ground than the enviroment surrounding them. Mother's are endowed with a love that is unlike any other love on the face of the earth." Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Happy Mommy's Day!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Loved the mother quotes and the pictures. I got the dress from Gap outlet last week. It was a steal and I love it. :) I hope we run into each other soon!
Hugs, A