Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hike

Last week we headed to Stephen F. Austin state park and hiked some of the trails. It was nice to get out of the house and be outside. The kids enjoyed hiking and looking for animals and bugs. Hopefully, next time when we visit we will spend a couple of days camping.
That morning before we left we had muffins and fruit. (Thanks to Mary for letting us borrow some eggs :) ) Caroline was such a big help in the kitchen...


The kids loved these muffins. They are the Fiber 1 muffins. A box at Kroger's is almost $4, but at Sams a box with 3 bags in it is $1.91. I'm going back on Friday to stock up... I just hope there are some left.
Caroline loves to play with the boys sight word list from school. She looks at the words and says, "R, S, C" over and over again. These are her favorite letters of the alphabet.

The Hike...



2 comments:

Angie said...

CC's hair is SO long! I always see it back with cute ribbon. Looks like a fun hike and afternoon for the family. You guys always seem to be up to something fun.

Sada said...

So cute! I didn't realize Dusty's hair was SO red! I don't know why I didn't see it so vividly when I've met him :)

Sweet days together!