Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Center Piece

Question of the Day.....

Do you have a center piece on your dining room table?

If so, what is it?

Flowers, a fruit bowl, ......????

I need ideas!

For the past year I have had a rustic red vase that held fake flowers. A year ago they were pretty..... or at least I thought so. However, my darling husband and kids think they are ugly and we need to upgrade. The men of the household have been pretending to throw them away for the past couple of months. After finding the flowers stuck between my refrigerator and the wall this morning I am up for ideas. I need help. So, if anyone is out there and is up for sharing I am willing to listen......

And since every blog post needs a picture.....

2 comments:

chrissy said...

i had a cute flower pot with wheat looking things coming out of it, tied with a cute ribbon. i loved it, but the kids kept knocking it over and i'd have tiny pieces of wheat things all over the place. i finally moved it to the counter a few weeks ago. my fave centerpiece was a really big, pretty bowl that i kept all my fresh fruit in. but i'd find a bite taken out of everything and then put back, so that moved to the counter too, lol. now the table is empty and bare, until my kids learn to keep their hands off stuff that is :)

Angie said...

Ok, so I have a big candle and I change the decor around it. I change the table runner it is on, the greenery or other smaller candles and holiday stuff around it to go with the seasons. But always seem to keep the same larger tan candle in the large hurricane.

Like right now I have some cute Valentines day blocks with it and red hydrangea on a tan place mat. I like change so I seem to switch it around every few months.

What did you end up doing after all?