Thursday, April 16, 2009

Prayers for our Firefighters

It is with a heavy heart that the Houston Fire Department has to report the loss of two of its own. On the morning of April 12, 2009, the Houston Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire just after midnight in the 7800 block of Oak Vista in southeast Houston. Firefighters quickly called for defensive attack on the fire and sadly Captain James Harlow and Probationary Firefighter Damien Hobbs of Station 26 succumbed to the fire. The cause of the fire is currently under investigation.

Captain James Harlow, 50, was hired by the HFD in August 1979 and has been a Captain at Fire Station 26 since 2004.
Probationary Firefighter Damien Hobbs, 29, graduated from the HFD Val Jahnke Training Facility on March 3, 2009, with Class 2008C, and began his first assignment at Fire Station 26 on March 7.

3 comments:

chrissy said...

Oh man, that's terrible. I'm so sorry.

Sada said...

I'm crying AGAIN! Your post is perfect. It is so hard to see their badges covered. I wanted to attend the funeral, but BJ I knew I wouldn't be with BJ so I didn't. He told me he never wants me to attend one. I agree.

Sada said...

oops..that should have said I knew I wouldn't be able to be with BJ there at the funeral